Disability Support Worker
HCO requires the services of experienced Level 2 Disability Support Workers to support our growing number clients in both Adelaide Hills and Western Adelaide who are:
- Reliable, flexible and responsive to the needs of the client.
- Able to work around 25-30 hrs a week with flexible shifts over a seven day period which will include weekends, overnight passive and active night shifts.
- Strong knowledge of either the Adelaide Hills or Western Adelaide area and able to work split shifts and/or at short notice where required.
The successful applicant requires:
- A qualification at Certificate level 3 or higher in Disability or Community Services.
- A Senior First Aid/CPR certificate.
- A current valid driver’s licence.
- A current Medication Administration certificate or be willing to obtain one
- A current Manual Handling certificate
- A current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening
- A commitment to a person-centred approach and engagement in active support.
These positions are at Award Level 2 “Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010”. Successful applicants will enjoy full salary sacrifice options (increase your take home pay) and the opportunity to undertake further training.
HCO are also looking for staff who may not hold the cert 3 but have the drive and desire to make an impact within the Disability Sector and who are will to undertake study while they work, so please don’t let this hold you back from applying!
All applicants are asked to address the position description and guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position.
Please forward application to firstname.lastname@example.org