At HCO we would like to reassure you of all the usual procedures, in addition to the extra steps we will be implementing to ensure that we can continue to support our Clients and their families in these uncertain times. We are complying with all standards as advised (and updated daily) by the Health Department and Government bodies. Rest assured that we will not be coming to work if we are unwell and we would really appreciate any person accessing our services contacting us if they are unwell so we can make appropriate plans and decisions with you.
We have implemented several actions already including:
- Monitoring overseas travel by staff and actively planning for their safe return to work
- Communicating frequently with staff about the COVID-19 and what they can do to keep themselves and Clients well, with a heightened focus on hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette as well as cleaning protocols
- Mandatory online infection control and hygiene measures refresher training for all staff
- Planning for contingencies in the event we have a number of Staff and/or Clients become unwell (this will also help us in the upcoming flu season)
- Ensuring we have adequate stock of hygiene and infection control supplies