Senior Support Worker
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Disability Support Worker or someone looking to take the next step in their Disability Support Career!
You will use your well-developed support skills and understanding of leadership to guide your team in providing high standard supports and services to people with a disability so they can reach their goals in a culturally appropriate environment. Based in Ottoway, the positions are a unique opportunity to take responsibility for delivery of quality, enjoyable and person centred supports in a dynamic progressive organisation within a National Disability Insurance Scheme environment.
- Liaising with staff on day to day duties in line with routines schedule, following up with staff to ensure completion of daily tasks
- To provide and demonstrate to Level 2 staff, Person Centred Active Support for participants, in a manner that allows participants full expression of their individual choice and preference
- Ensuring day to day calendar appointments are supported, follow up appointments written into the central calendar and relevant appointment slips go out to Clients
- Provide direct assistance and support to people with disability
- Working with the Team Leader to ensure all aspects of the service are being performed according to HCO values and within the parameters of Policy and Procedure.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Certificate 3 in Disability/Mental Health or equivalent
- Child Safe Environments – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Current DHS working with Children and Disability Services clearances
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Current SA Drivers licence
- Medication Administration certificate
- Manual Handling certificate
- NDIS Worker Orientation certificate
- Willingness to participate in an on-call roster
What’s the Benefits?
- One full-time ongoing role, one 6 month Maternity contract (with ongoing employment at Level 2 after completion of contract optional)
- Role classified at Level 3 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Full salary sacrifice options which increase your take home pay
- The opportunity to undertake further training.
HCO is an independent not for profit specialist disability service provider currently operating across the Adelaide Hills and Western Adelaide. We are built on strong relationships and genuine connection with the people we support.
Any queries please contact Jodi Partridge – Senior HR Coordinator
Applications to be submitted by 4pm Wednesday 16th September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are asked to address the position description and guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position.