Team Leader -SIL Accommodation
An exciting opportunity is available for an Experienced Team Leader in the Disability Sector or someone looking to take the next step in their Disability Support Career?
You will use your well-developed organisational and leadership skills to guide your team in providing high standard supports and services to people with a disability so they can reach their goals in a culturally appropriate environment.
Based in Mt Barker, this position is a unique opportunity to take responsibility for delivery of quality, enjoyable and person centred programs in a dynamic progressive organisation within a National Disability Insurance Scheme environment.
- Manage the daily operations of support services, including the provision of formal supervision and management of a team of Level 2 & 3 Disability Support Workers
- To provide and demonstrate to Level 2 & 3 staff, Person Centred Active Support for participants, in a manner that allows participants full expression of their individual choice and preference
- To ensure the preparation of participant daily schedules
- With the Coordinator, manage conflict, provide coaching, develop opportunities and address performance issues within your team
- Where required provide direct assistance and support to people with disability.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Certificate IV in Disability/Mental Health or equivalent
- Child Safe Environments – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Current DHS Working with Children and Disability Employment clearances
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Current SA Drivers licence
- Medication Administration certificate
- Manual Handling certificate
- NDIS Worker Orientation certificate
- Willingness to participate in an on-call roster
What’s the Benefits?
- A Full Time, ongoing role classified at Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Full salary sacrifice options which increase your take home pay
- The opportunity to undertake further training.
HCO is an independent not for profit specialist disability service provider currently operating across the Adelaide Hills and Western Adelaide. We are built on strong relationships and genuine connection with the people we support.
Any specific questions can be directed to Wayne Smith, General Manager on 08 8398 4400.
Applications to be submitted by 5pm Wednesday 16th September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are asked to address the position description and guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position.