Senior Support Workers
HCO requires the services of experienced Level 3 Senior Support Workers to undertake a high quality Emergency Assistance service to our Clients and Staff.
Please note that there is more than one position available and these roles will be on a standard rotating weekend roster including a passive component and additional weekday hours are also available by negotiation.
HCO are looking for dynamic staff who:
- are experienced in working with people with a dual disability and challenging behaviours
- are experienced in working with people with Acquired Brain Injury
- are reliable, flexible and responsive to the needs of Clients and other Staff
- are willing to work alternate Saturdays and Sundays with a passive on call component as standard on an Emergency Assistance roster with extra weekday hours also available by negotiation
- have a strong knowledge of the Adelaide Hills area and able to undertake direct support when required also
- can provide Rostering support to Staff whilst on call.
The successful applicant will have:
- a qualification at Certificate level 3 or higher in Disability or Community Services
- a minimum of twelve months experience working in the Disability or Human Services sector, specifically with Dual Disability, challenging behaviours and Acquired Brain Injury.
- a Senior First Aid/ CPR Certificate.
- a Current valid driver’s licence.
- a current Medication Administration certificate or be willing to obtain one
- a current Manual Handling certificate
- a current DHS Working with Children and Disability Services Screening
- a commitment to a Person-centred approach and engagement in active support
- experience or knowledge of rostering desirable
- strong administrative skills and computer literacy.
What are the benefits?
- These positions are at Award Level 3 “Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010”
- Full salary sacrifice options which increase your take home pay
- The opportunity to undertake further training.
HCO is an independent not for profit specialist disability service provider currently operating across the Adelaide Hills and Western Adelaide. We are built on strong relationships and genuine connection with the people we support.
Any queries please contact Jodi Partridge – Senior HR Coordinator
Applications to be submitted by 4pm Thursday 28th January 2021 to email@example.com
All applicants are asked to address the position description and guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position.