HCO Board member position
HCO is an independent, NDIS registered, not-for-profit disability specialist service provider in the Adelaide Hills (Mount Barker, SA) and Western Adelaide. HCO is built on genuine connections with the people we support and our community. Our highly skilled team, work alongside people living with disability and families to help them live their best life, the way they want.
The HCO Board works to set strategic directions, establish goals, targets, performance indicators and monitor and enhance organisational performance.
The HCO Board is seeking individuals who have a commitment to building excellence in the disability sector and a desire to contribute to governance.
The Board invites applications from candidates with:
- Lived experience with Disability – you are a person with a disability, a carer or family member of a person living with disability
- Legal, financial and/or regulatory knowledge/experience/qualifications
- Clinical Governance experience
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) graduate – or willingness to undertake training
- Prior Board experience.
The position requires a commitment to attend monthly Board meetings out of business hours. This includes in person in Mount Barker (preferred) or via electronic means (TEAMS). You may also be required to participate in Board Sub-committee(s), Finance and Audit, Technology and Innovation and Quality and Safety.
Additional attendance is required for Board development and strategic planning days, commitment for committee work, special projects, and community engagement.
- Integrity – ethical, act independently and disclosing any conflicts of interest
- Collaborative – curious and courageous, ask questions and engage respectfully in robust discussions
- Emotional intelligence – strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness, self-management, listening skills
- Commercial judgement – good business instincts, innovative
- Active contributor – ability to commit time to attend board meetings, actively participate, respond in a timely manner to communication and contribute to discussions with a genuine interest in HCO and the people we support.
To be eligible:
- Provide COVID-19 vaccination status. Under HCO Policy, a minimum three (3) vaccinations are required
- Hold current DHS and NDIS Worker screenings, prior to commencement and for the duration of term
- Complete the NDIS Worker Orientation and Supporting Effective Communication modules, prior to commencement.
HCO strongly encourages people with disability, women and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
To express your interest:
- Please complete the EOI form.
- Submit CV with two (2) professional referees and EOI form.
- Your application should be addressed to the Board Chair and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct initial enquiries to the CEO via email@example.com
Applications close COB October 1, 2023
Download the documents that are required to apply for the HCO Board Member position below.