Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS funded support where you can live with other people or on your own.
Support is provided by qualified, skilled Staff for up to 24/7, who will be trained to support you with your individual requirements.
Dependent on your support requirements we will support you with your day-to-day tasks including:
- cleaning and laundry
- cooking and nutrition
- personal care such as showering and dressing
- going to appointments
- taking medication and providing other appropriate health supports eg catheter care, bowel care
- learning new activities/hobbies
- maintaining contact with family and friends
- positive behaviour support (where needed)
- catching public transport.
Supported Independent Living is funded under Core Supports – Assistance with daily life in your NDIS plan.
You will be personally responsible for the cost of rent, transport, and other day-to-day expenses such as food, utilities, heavy cleaning or activities.
Your NDIS plan may cover some of these costs for transport, cleaning and gardening.