Skills development and recreational activities that help you gain valuable life skills.
HCO’s Community Access service is based in Mount Barker and offers a broad range of activities.
Enjoy an excellent range of individual and group activities for adults living with disability. With a strong focus on the creative and performing arts, with choices from recreation, dance, music, woodwork, gardening, swimming and catering.
Community based activities:
- visits to museums, art shows, cultural activities
- woodworking at The Shed in Hahndorf
- walks in the park and other relaxing sensory-based outdoor activities
- mystery tours
- lawn bowls
- art programs
- cooking and catering
- Dance for performers
- Movement to music
- learning/sensory games
- peer-supported advocacy programs
- life skills – computers, safety, basic literacy
- vehicle maintenance
- papier mache
- gardening and vegetable growing.
Group sizes are small and personalised. Personal care services can be provided.